Thursday, September 4, 2008

15 weeks old



Each Wednesday I count down. 13 weeks. 14 weeks. Now 15. Sigh. The day I return to full time work inches closer and closer, with each paystub showing less time available for me to be at home with the kid. I want the best of both worlds. I want to be a stay at home mom to him. I want to have a full time career. I don't want to put him in daycare. I don't want to give up my job either. The daily struggle of this thing called life. motherhood. The kid is napping. So I snagged a moment to post the most recent naked kid pic... taken after his bath. Right now - bathtime is his second favorite activity, right behind walks in the bjorn.

We are puzzled as to who he looks like. My ears. Husbands hands and feet. My chin.

"Oh, he really reminds me of you right now", i say to husband, as Abram is wailing, red faced.

"What? why? how so? " husband says, not getting it.

After I do and say this about 4 more time, Husband tells me promptly, "cut the crap". Ha.

Just this week, I feel he resembles my brothers baby pictures in some way. Next week it may be different. He's ever changing it seems. Maybe he just looks like ... Abram:)

2 comments:

Angela Hoffmann said...

ooh he is adorable..and i don't know who he looks like..i will leave that one up to your Uncle Art..he is the family genetics fan..he he...we have fun trying to figure out who each of the boys look like!
too bad you have to back to work, my theory is that babies are babies only once...the job will always be there in one form or another...but on the other hand..there is the sanity issue too..he he..that is where my artwork saves me!
okay back to supper making~!

xo
angela

Vicki said...

What a great photo! He is definitely a mix of you both and, yes, that is most definitely YOUR CHIN :-). It is a battle within when it comes to staying home or going to work but either way, it always works out fine. This age, though, is so tough to leave every day. But I also truly believe that the daycare experience helps them adjust to so many other things later like preschool, playgroups, kindergarten. There's always gonna be pros and cons on either side.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0